Monday, February 22, 2010

37?!?

Today is my birthday. I am 37 years old. I woke up today and swore to myself that I wouldn't think of my age as a number, but this has proven difficult. I think it is because I am training for a mini tri, and the body just isn't bouncing back from the 4 mile runs like it once did. Even though it is 3 years away, I find myself looking down the pike to 40. Egads. One of my patients today guessed my age at 27. I laughed out loud. When I told her my real age, she said "I would never put you past 35." I try to think back 10 years at a time to what I was doing on my 27th birthday, my 17th birthday....don't really have much of memory of those. I think it was probably due to the fact that I have nothing to correlate it with. So tonight I will drink a glass of wine, eat some mint chocolate chip ice cream, and wonder where the next year will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment