Saturday, October 24, 2009

My toes hurt...

Hi.

I have failed miserably over the past couple of weeks in keeping this blog updated. I wish I knew where the time went, but as they say time flys when you're having fun. And that is truest sense of the word for me this October. Every weekend has had something going on, with the drone of work doing the week. Plus, it seems like we got back from FL, unpacked, did laundry, worked, went to knitting class, worked some more, and off we were here.

We are taking some much needed down time this weekend. As luck would have it, we timed the changing of the leaves perfectly. At least that is what I like to think. It really has more to do with the fact that they have had some very dry weather out here, which is making the leaves turn quickly.

I attended SAFF yesterday (another post on the goodies garnered there forthcoming). The DH hired a guide and went fly fishing on the Davidson River while I was yarn oogling. We had never been to the Pisgah National Forest, and are kicking ourselves for NOT finding it last year. The Pisgah has a wealth of waterfalls, plus...it is just darn beautiful. We attempted yesterday, and I mean attempted, to climb the Looking Glass Trailhead to view Looking Glass Rock. We did this in the rain, rain, rain...and started much to0 late in the day to finish it. It is about a 3 mile trek up a meandering mountain trail. Oh, forgot to mention it was about a 10% grade. It was actually a beautiful trail, we just underestimated the difficulty. We also doubted we could see the rock anyways, because it was so foggy. We are going to reattempt it tomorrow when the weather will be better.

Today we are going to go back to Pisgah, and I am going to watch the DH fly fish. We also want to look at Sliding Rock Falls, and just meander around that area. Who knows what we will find?

No comments:

Post a Comment